Has it been a while since your last eye exam? Your vision can sometimes change frequently over time. That’s why it’s important you schedule a comprehensive eye exam annually or twice a year if you have vision problems.
What signs should you look for that signal you need an eye exam?
- Night vision – if you are experiencing changes in your vision at night, especially while driving, then it’s time to schedule an eye exam. Changes to watch for include blurriness, not able to see signs clearly or seeing halos around some lights.
- Headaches – frequent headaches often accompany vision problems as your eye is straining more than normal. If you are having reoccurring headaches then schedule an eye exam immediately.
- Eye infections – often times eye infections can clear up on their own but if you are suffering from frequent eye infections then this could signal some overall health problems. Your local optometrist can address these vision problems easily.
- Light sensitivity – does this sensitivity appear suddenly? Do you find yourself squinting when light comes on? The best way to find out if you have any underlying health issues is to schedule an eye exam.
- Eye strain or pain – sporadic eye pain is not normally concerning, however, if you struggle from frequent eye pain or strain you should see an eye doctor.
It’s been said that our eyes are “the window to our soul”. So, be sure to schedule your eye exam today with your local optometrist today!